Visas for Business Professionals & Entrepreneurs
Serving Clients in Los Angeles & Nationwide
Foreign business professionals of extraordinary ability may be eligible to obtain nonimmigrant visas for business, scientific advancement, and business-related education. The O-1A visa in particular is becoming the visa of choice for many business entrepreneurs who do not qualify for other visa categories. O-1A visas are also appropriate for businesspersons who do not have the time to wait for other work authorization-related visas such as the H-1B visa category.
Proving extraordinary ability as a businessperson can be very challenging, but our high-powered team of attorneys at Oakhurst Legal Group can help improve your likelihood of success. The O-1A visa for business professionals and entrepreneurs applies to any field, so long as the beneficiary meets the eligibility requirements of international recognition and sustained, outstanding achievements.
Learn more about visas for business professionals and entrepreneurs in Charlotte by calling (704) 288-1003 or contacting us online. We can begin with a courtesy consultation, where we can discuss your options and long-term goals.
The O-1 Visa for Business Professionals
O-1 visas can be an excellent tool for business owners and serial entrepreneurs who want to learn new skills, form strategic alliances, and build their businesses in the United States. In some cases, this visa category can even help you avoid the restrictive requirements of many other visas.
Here are some of the other visas’ disadvantages that you may avoid by obtaining an O-1 visa:
- B-1 visitor visa: Only allows you to stay six months at a time, can be difficult to obtain in certain countries, and has almost no work authorization
- EB-5 investment visa: Requires you to contribute at least $750,000 to a project, relies on creating a substantial number of jobs and can take a very long time to obtain
- E-2 treaty investor visa: Only available in certain countries and heavily restricts your international travel
- EB-2 national interest waiver: Extremely difficult to prove that the beneficiary’s presence is in the best interests of the United States.
The O-1 visa requires a sponsor, but the requirements for this sponsor are minimal (compared to other visa categories).
Other requirements for the O-1 visa include winning a substantial international award with a recognition level similar to the Nobel Prize, OR at least 3 of the following:
- Detailed letters of support and confirmation of achievement from experts in your industry
- A much higher salary than peers in your industry
- Completion of important business in an essential capacity
- Time served as a judge, evaluating the skills of peers in your industry
- Articles written about you in prestigious publications with wide distribution
- Original contributions to your industry
- Membership in selective groups of your peers
- A sustained history of earning national and international awards
We can closely assess your situation to determine whether you will meet these qualifications. Our Charlotte business professional visa attorneys pride ourselves on providing effective advice to our entrepreneurial clients, developing the strategies they need to accomplish their legal and entrepreneurial goals.
Get started by calling our team at (704) 288-1003 today.
I am forever grateful.- Jarrell
Darlene is flat out AMAZING.- Jennifer
Attorney Darlene Harris has been a trusted legal guide for many years.- Robbie
This Firm Pays Attention to Detail and Is Always Accessible.- LaFarran Durman
Best in the Business!- Andre Berenzon
Successful Petition for E-2 Visas Auto Investor Ari Heikkinen and Wife Kaarina Received E-2 Visas
Sherrod Seward of Oakhurst Legal Group successfully petitioned for E-2 investor visas for Finland national Ari Heikkinen and his spouse, Kaarina Heikkinen.
Successful Not Guilty Verdict DUI Charge
Client was found not guilty at trial due to a successful litigation strategy crafted and used by Attorney Harris.
Successful Case Dismissal Felony Charge
Client charged with felony inciting a riot. After disputing the evidence presented by the D.A. and noting their obvious lack of evidence, this case was dismissed prior to trial.
Successful Case Dismissal Felony Possession of Marijuana Charge
Client charged with possession of marijuana for edible foods. After disputing the lack of evidence and proof in the case, charges were dismissed prior to trial.
Successful Case Dismissal Local Ordinance Violation
Client charged with violating a local ordinance. Attorney Harris argued that the ordinance itself was unlawful therefore, in the interest of justice the case should be dismissed prior to trial.
Three-Year Visa Approved Obaika Racing, LLC President and CEO Approved for Three-Year Visa
We effectively petitioned for a three-year approval for Obaika Racing, LLC superstar Victor Obaika’s L-1A status.