Charlotte Musician Visa Attorneys
Supporting the Music Industry Nationwide
Our lawyers at Oakhurst Legal Group take great pride in helping some of the best foreign musicians and industry professionals obtain the work authorization and legal status they need to bring their craft to the United States. International artists make tremendous contributions to the arts, and we can help you choose among several visa categories that will allow you to create or continue your own contributions.
Here are just a few of the musicians and related professionals we can assist:
- Musical groups
- Music librarians
- Symphony orchestras
While USCIS provides multiple options for individuals of extraordinary talent, obtaining a visa requires an extensive preparation process and thorough knowledge of all requirements. Our musician visa lawyers in Charlotte can help you prove to USCIS that you (or your applicant) exhibit extraordinary ability in your field or endeavor. We can also help these individuals bring essential support staff and family members with them to the United States.
Types of Visas for the Music Industry
At Oakhurst Legal Group, we help individuals and businesses obtain a wide variety of visas. Each type has unique requirements and intended purpose. Our first step will be to help you understand all your options.
These options include:
- O-1B: For individuals with extraordinary ability in the arts. You may obtain this type of visa for a single project or multiple projects under several employers.
- O-2: For the essential staff (e.g. talent managers) of O-1B visa holders.
- P-1B: For internationally recognized music and entertainment groups. These groups must qualify collectively in order for all members to obtain the proper work authorization to practice, record, promote themselves, and tour in the United States. This visa allows for up to one year of employment authorization.
- P-1S: For the essential staff (e.g. talent managers, handlers, executives, sound engineers, etc.) of P-1B holders.
- E-1: For talent managers and organizations (if their country has an E-1 bilateral trade relationship with the U.S.).
- L-1: For intra-company transfers of executives and skilled employees in foreign talent management agencies (must have a subsidiary in the U.S. with at least 50% common ownership).
Even after you decide which visa is right for you, navigating the application process can be impossible without qualified, experienced support. Our team at Oakhurst Legal Group has assisted innumerable world-renowned professionals, and we are fully prepared to handle your case with precision and efficiency.
I am forever grateful.- Jarrell
Darlene is flat out AMAZING.- Jennifer
Attorney Darlene Harris has been a trusted legal guide for many years.- Robbie
This Firm Pays Attention to Detail and Is Always Accessible.- LaFarran Durman
Best in the Business!- Andre Berenzon
Successful Petition for E-2 Visas Auto Investor Ari Heikkinen and Wife Kaarina Received E-2 Visas
Sherrod Seward of Oakhurst Legal Group successfully petitioned for E-2 investor visas for Finland national Ari Heikkinen and his spouse, Kaarina Heikkinen.
Successful Not Guilty Verdict DUI Charge
Client was found not guilty at trial due to a successful litigation strategy crafted and used by Attorney Harris.
Successful Case Dismissal Felony Charge
Client charged with felony inciting a riot. After disputing the evidence presented by the D.A. and noting their obvious lack of evidence, this case was dismissed prior to trial.
Successful Case Dismissal Felony Possession of Marijuana Charge
Client charged with possession of marijuana for edible foods. After disputing the lack of evidence and proof in the case, charges were dismissed prior to trial.
Successful Case Dismissal Local Ordinance Violation
Client charged with violating a local ordinance. Attorney Harris argued that the ordinance itself was unlawful therefore, in the interest of justice the case should be dismissed prior to trial.
Three-Year Visa Approved Obaika Racing, LLC President and CEO Approved for Three-Year Visa
We effectively petitioned for a three-year approval for Obaika Racing, LLC superstar Victor Obaika’s L-1A status.