Athlete & Sports Visa Lawyers in Charlotte
Serving Professional & Amateur Athletes Nationwide
Oakhurst Legal Group is one of the United States’ premier resources for national team countries, foreign promotions, domestic promotions, and individual athletes looking to obtain visas. If you are an international athlete or essential supporting staff member, you can expect our team to educate you about the process, provide honest insights, help you write support letters, and state your credentials to USCIS.
In recent years, we have helped world-renowned athletes and sports professionals obtain entry to the United States, represent their countries, and retain access to the world’s best athletic training facilities. Our Charlotte sports visa attorneys would like to do the same for you.
Do not hesitate to contact us for details on sports immigration matters, such as eligibility requirements, filing fees, and general timelines. Call (704) 288-1003 to schedule your free consultation today.
What We Can Do for You
Oakhurst Legal Group focuses on helping clients obtain both immigrant and nonimmigrant visas.
Generally, visa options for athletes include:
- P-1A classification for professional athletes who are internationally known or recognized
- O-1 classification for aliens of extraordinary ability in their respective sports
- P-1S/O-2 classification for essential support personnel (agents, managers, training staff, sparring partners, nutritionists, etc.) of P-1 and O-1 visa holders
- P-4 and O-3 classification for spouses and children of P-1, O-1, P-1S, and O-2 visa holders
- Employment-based immigrant visas (green cards)
We help clients obtain these visas for single competitions, promotional contracts, management agreements, training and coaching, and other solutions for sports industry business professionals.
Here are just a few of the types of athletes and sports professionals we serve:
- Tennis players
- Soccer/futbol players
- Boxers (we’ve helped world-famous boxers, like Cecilia Braekhus, Otto Wallin, Carl Frampton, and Meena Kumari, along with top boxing managers, promotions, and facilities)
- Professional fighters (serving BJJ athletes, mixed martial artists, traditional martial artists, and other combat sports athletes)
- Olympic athletes (great candidates for permanent residence)
- Equestrian & rodeo sports athletes (addressing the unique needs of horse stables, racing agents, racing events, jockeys, and other individuals who raise horses and compete in rodeo or equestrian events)
- Hockey athletes (great candidates for permanent residence)
- Motorsports & car racing professionals (serving drivers, managers, pit crew, engineers, mechanics, designers, etc.)
- Basketball players (helping players make the transition from high school to college to professional levels, as well as access opportunities with the National Basketball Association, NBA G League, NBA developmental programs, and other professional basketball opportunities)
- Extreme sports athletes (serving skaters, BMX bikers, skiers, and more)
- E-sports professionals (serving esports athletes, influencers, business professionals, and more)
To learn more about how we can assist you, contact our Charlotte sports visa lawyers today.
I am forever grateful.- Jarrell
Darlene is flat out AMAZING.- Jennifer
Attorney Darlene Harris has been a trusted legal guide for many years.- Robbie
This Firm Pays Attention to Detail and Is Always Accessible.- LaFarran Durman
Best in the Business!- Andre Berenzon
Successful Petition for E-2 Visas Auto Investor Ari Heikkinen and Wife Kaarina Received E-2 Visas
Sherrod Seward of Oakhurst Legal Group successfully petitioned for E-2 investor visas for Finland national Ari Heikkinen and his spouse, Kaarina Heikkinen.
Successful Not Guilty Verdict DUI Charge
Client was found not guilty at trial due to a successful litigation strategy crafted and used by Attorney Harris.
Successful Case Dismissal Felony Charge
Client charged with felony inciting a riot. After disputing the evidence presented by the D.A. and noting their obvious lack of evidence, this case was dismissed prior to trial.
Successful Case Dismissal Felony Possession of Marijuana Charge
Client charged with possession of marijuana for edible foods. After disputing the lack of evidence and proof in the case, charges were dismissed prior to trial.
Successful Case Dismissal Local Ordinance Violation
Client charged with violating a local ordinance. Attorney Harris argued that the ordinance itself was unlawful therefore, in the interest of justice the case should be dismissed prior to trial.
Three-Year Visa Approved Obaika Racing, LLC President and CEO Approved for Three-Year Visa
We effectively petitioned for a three-year approval for Obaika Racing, LLC superstar Victor Obaika’s L-1A status.